- Tax-News.com: Trump Discusses Payroll Tax Cut With Congress March 17, 2020
On March 9, 2020, United States President Donald Trump revealed that the Administration would begin discussions with Congress on potential tax measures to ease the impact of the coronavirus outbreak, …
- Tax-News.com: EU Finance Ministers Issue Joint Statement On Digital Taxation March 3, 2020
The finance ministers of France, Germany, Italy, and Spain have put their names to a statement calling for countries to reach an agreement on solving the tax challenges of the digital economy by the e …
- Tax-News.com: J5 Reviews Work To Tackle Cross-Border Tax Crimes March 3, 2020
On February 19, 2020, the United States Internal Revenue Service announced that the leaders of the Joint Chiefs of Global Tax Enforcement recently gathered in Sydney, Australia, to review their work a …
- Tax-News.com: France Confirms Postponement Of DST Payments February 20, 2020
France's Directorate General of Public Finance confirmed in a statement issued on February 10, 2020, that companies liable for the country's digital services tax can delay payment of upcomin …
- Tax-News.com: Democrat Bill Targets GILTI High-Tax Exclusion February 20, 2020
Democrats in the United States Senate have introduced a bill that would block proposals to introduce a "high-tax exemption" to the Global Intangible Low-Tax Income regime.
- Tax-News.com: OECD Provides Update To G20 On BEPS Work February 20, 2020
In a new report for G20 ministers, the OECD has provided an update on its work to tackle tax base erosion and profit shifting relating to multinational businesses.
- Tax-News.com: EU Adds Cayman Isles, Panama, Seychelles To Tax Blacklist February 20, 2020
The EU has added the Cayman Islands, Palau, Panama, and the Seychelles to its list of non-cooperative tax jurisdictions, bringing the total tally to 12 from 8.
- Tax-News.com: UK Steadfast On Digital Services Tax Plans January 27, 2020
The UK Chancellor, Sajid Javid, has said the UK intends to push ahead with the introduction of a digital services tax from April 2020, despite warnings from the US that it would consider tariffs on UK …
- Tax-News.com: France Confirms Digital Tax Delay January 27, 2020
On January 22, 2020, French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire confirmed that France will suspend collection of its digital services tax this year to prevent the United States from applying retaliatory t …
- Tax-News.com: US State Maryland Considering Digital Advertising Tax January 27, 2020
On January 8, 2020, a bill was introduced in the Senate of the US state of Maryland that would impose a tax on revenues associated with digital advertising derived in the state.
- Tax-News.com: US Senate Passes New North American Free Trade Deal January 27, 2020
On January 16, 2020, the US Senate voted to approve the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement, which will replace the existing North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Tax-News.com: US IRS Updates Virtual Currency FAQs January 15, 2020
The United States Internal Revenue Service has recently updated its list of frequently asked questions and answers on the tax treatment of transactions involving virtual currencies.
- Tax-News.com: France And US Seek End To Digital Tax Dispute January 15, 2020
According to French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire, France and the United States will in the next two weeks attempt to reach a compromise over their ongoing dispute regarding France's new digita …
- Tax-News.com: IRS Launches Gig Economy Tax Center January 15, 2020
On January 9, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service announced the launch of a new Gig Economy Tax Center, which is intended to help taxpayers meet their tax obligations through more streaml …
- Tax-News.com: USTR Holds Public Hearing On French Digital Tax January 8, 2020
On January 6, 2020, the United States Trade Representative (USTR) announced that an on-the-record but off-camera public hearing would be held on January 7 on proposed action against France's digi …
- Tax-News.com: Saint Kitts And Nevis Announces Another 'Tax-Free' Budget December 31, 2019
The Prime Minister of St Kitts and Nevis and Minister of Finance, Timothy Harris, delivered a "tax-free Budget" on December 12, 2019.
- Tax-News.com: Caribbean Territories To Undergo Dispute Resolution BEPS Peer Review December 31, 2019
The OECD has launched a review of dispute resolution mechanisms in place in Aruba, Bahrain, Barbados, Gibraltar, Greenland, Kazakhstan, Oman, Qatar, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobag …
- Tax-News.com: EU Backs 'Accidental Americans' In US Tax Fight December 23, 2019
In a letter to United States Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, the European Council has expressed concern at the lack of action by the US Government to alleviate the compliance burdens of EU national …
- Tax-News.com: Tax Extenders Passed In US Spending Package December 23, 2019
On December 17, 2019, the United States House of Representatives passed a year-end spending package, which includes legislation extending numerous expired and expiring tax provisions, and repealing ce …
- Tax-News.com: Canada, Mexico, US Agree Free Trade Deal Amendments December 16, 2019
Canada, Mexico, and the US have signed an agreement on amendments to their proposed new trade pact.
- Tax-News.com: US Considers Retaliation Against French Digital Services Tax December 6, 2019
The United States may impose additional duties of up to 100 percent on certain French products in retaliation for France's digital services tax, which a newly published report by the US Trade Rep …
- Tax-News.com: IRS Issues Final Foreign Tax Credit Regulations December 6, 2019
On December 2, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service issued final regulations on the foreign tax credit following major changes to the US tax code.
- Tax-News.com: IRS Issues Estate Tax Regulations December 2, 2019
On November 22, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service issued final regulations confirming that individuals taking advantage of the increased gift and estate tax exclusion amounts in effect …
- Tax-News.com: American Firms Concerned By Canadian Digital Tax Plan November 25, 2019
Representatives from US trade and industry associations have voiced concern about a digital services tax proposal floated during the recent Canadian election which they argue will "impose discrim …
- Tax-News.com: Costa Rica Ratifies Updated TIEA With US November 25, 2019
On November 12, 2019, a law was published in the official gazette of Costa Rica which ratifies the updated Tax Information Exchange Agreement with the United States.
Federal and State websites: