- Tax-News.com: US Considers Retaliation Against French Digital Services Tax December 6, 2019
The United States may impose additional duties of up to 100 percent on certain French products in retaliation for France's digital services tax, which a newly published report by the US Trade Rep …
- Tax-News.com: IRS Issues Final Foreign Tax Credit Regulations December 6, 2019
On December 2, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service issued final regulations on the foreign tax credit following major changes to the US tax code.
- Tax-News.com: IRS Issues Estate Tax Regulations December 2, 2019
On November 22, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service issued final regulations confirming that individuals taking advantage of the increased gift and estate tax exclusion amounts in effect …
- Tax-News.com: American Firms Concerned By Canadian Digital Tax Plan November 25, 2019
Representatives from US trade and industry associations have voiced concern about a digital services tax proposal floated during the recent Canadian election which they argue will "impose discrim …
- Tax-News.com: Costa Rica Ratifies Updated TIEA With US November 25, 2019
On November 12, 2019, a law was published in the official gazette of Costa Rica which ratifies the updated Tax Information Exchange Agreement with the United States.
- Tax-News.com: Warren Announces US Corporate Tax And Wealth Tax Plans November 8, 2019
On November 1, 2019, the presidential campaign of United States Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) published plans for a system of universal Medicare that will be partially funded by tax increases on lar …
- Tax-News.com: New Zealand Tops World Bank's 'Doing Business' 2020 November 8, 2019
New Zealand is the easiest place in the world to do business, according to the World Bank's new Doing Business 2020 report, which looks at the simplicity of setting up, operating, and paying taxe …
- Tax-News.com: IRS Expands Virtual Currency Tax Guidance October 11, 2019
On October 9, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service issued two new pieces of guidance for taxpayers who engage in transactions involving virtual currency.
- Tax-News.com: IRS Grants Relief For US Persons Affected By Section 958 Repeal October 4, 2019
On October 1, 2019, the United States Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service announced a relief for certain US persons that own stock in certain foreign corporations.
- Tax-News.com: More US States To Tax Remote Sales From October September 27, 2019
Many US states will begin to impose sales and use tax obligations on remote sellers and marketplace facilitators from October 1, 2019, largely in response to the United States Supreme Court's lan …
- Tax-News.com: Sanders Unveils US Wealth Tax September 27, 2019
United States Senator Bernie Sanders (D-VT), a leading contender for the Democratic presidential nomination, has proposed a new tax, as well as a series of enforcement measures, targeting America …
- Tax-News.com: IRS Offers Settlement Scheme To Micro-Captives September 20, 2019
On September 16, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service announced the mailing of a time-limited settlement offer for certain taxpayers under audit who participated in abusive micro-captive i …
- Tax-News.com: Apple's Irish Tax Ruling Appeal Gets Underway September 20, 2019
The Irish Government is arguing that favorable tax treatment was not granted to Apple under two rulings deemed by the EU to have constituted illegal state aid to the company.
- Tax-News.com: US-Switzerland Double Tax Protocol Now In Force September 20, 2019
The Swiss Government on September 20, 2019, announced that it has exchanged instruments of ratification with the United States to bring into force a Protocol to their double tax agreement.
- Tax-News.com: Poland Said To Have Ditched Plans For Digital Tax September 13, 2019
According to a recent comment by United States Vice President Mike Pence, the Polish Government has decided not to proceed with a national digital services tax.
- Tax-News.com: IRS To Provide GILTI Penalty Relief To Pass-Through Entities August 30, 2019
On August 22, 2019, a notice was published which announces the intention of the United States Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service to issue new regulations providing relief to domestic …
- Tax-News.com: US And France Nearing Digital Tax Compromise August 30, 2019
The Governments of France and the United States are reportedly close to settling a dispute surrounding France's digital services tax.
- Tax-News.com: OECD Releases Action 14 Peer Reviews For Six States August 22, 2019
The OECD on August 13, 2019, released follow-up reports for Belgium, Canada, the Netherlands, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States on their efforts to implement BEPS recommendations …
- Tax-News.com: US Appeals Court Backs Amazon In Transfer Pricing Case August 22, 2019
On August 16, 2019, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit issued a decision in favor of Amazon, in a case involving the regulatory definition of intangible assets and the method of …
- Tax-News.com: USTR Stages Hearing On French Digital Tax Response August 22, 2019
On August 19, 2019, the Office of the United States Trade Representative held an off-camera public hearing on France's recently introduced digital services tax, attended by three major technology …
- Tax-News.com: President Trump Considering New Tax Cuts August 22, 2019
United States President Donald Trump said on August 20, 2019, that the administration is considering additional tax cuts to help maintain economic growth.
- Tax-News.com: Bulgaria Approves CbC Exchange Agreements With US August 8, 2019
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers earlier this month approved two agreements with the United States allowing for the automatic exchange of country-by-country transfer pricing reports.
- Tax-News.com: US Senators Urge 'Fairness' Change To Capital Gains Tax Calculations August 8, 2019
A group of 21 Republican members of the US Senate have signed a letter to the Treasury Secretary urging him to amend how capital gains tax liability is calculated.
- Tax-News.com: IRS Responds To Altera Ruling On Cost Sharing Arrangements August 8, 2019
On July 31, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service issued a memorandum for all Large Business and International Division employees informing them of the withdrawal of a directive regarding c …
- Tax-News.com: LLB-Switzerland Signs US Non-Prosecution Agreement August 8, 2019
On August 5, 2019, the US Department of Justice announced that Swiss bank LLB Verwaltung (Switzerland) AG has agreed to pay a penalty of USD10.6m to resolve a case in which it was accused of helping U …
Federal and State websites: