- Tax-News.com: USTR Stages Hearing On French Digital Tax Response August 22, 2019
On August 19, 2019, the Office of the United States Trade Representative held an off-camera public hearing on France's recently introduced digital services tax, attended by three major technology …
- Tax-News.com: OECD Releases Action 14 Peer Reviews For Six States August 22, 2019
The OECD on August 13, 2019, released follow-up reports for Belgium, Canada, the Netherlands, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States on their efforts to implement BEPS recommendations …
- Tax-News.com: US Appeals Court Backs Amazon In Transfer Pricing Case August 22, 2019
On August 16, 2019, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit issued a decision in favor of Amazon, in a case involving the regulatory definition of intangible assets and the method of …
- Tax-News.com: President Trump Considering New Tax Cuts August 22, 2019
United States President Donald Trump said on August 20, 2019, that the administration is considering additional tax cuts to help maintain economic growth.
- Tax-News.com: Bulgaria Approves CbC Exchange Agreements With US August 8, 2019
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers earlier this month approved two agreements with the United States allowing for the automatic exchange of country-by-country transfer pricing reports.
- Tax-News.com: US Senators Urge 'Fairness' Change To Capital Gains Tax Calculations August 8, 2019
A group of 21 Republican members of the US Senate have signed a letter to the Treasury Secretary urging him to amend how capital gains tax liability is calculated.
- Tax-News.com: IRS Responds To Altera Ruling On Cost Sharing Arrangements August 8, 2019
On July 31, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service issued a memorandum for all Large Business and International Division employees informing them of the withdrawal of a directive regarding c …
- Tax-News.com: LLB-Switzerland Signs US Non-Prosecution Agreement August 8, 2019
On August 5, 2019, the US Department of Justice announced that Swiss bank LLB Verwaltung (Switzerland) AG has agreed to pay a penalty of USD10.6m to resolve a case in which it was accused of helping U …
- Tax-News.com: IRS Provides Additional Transition Tax Guidance July 25, 2019
On July 16, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service announced the publication of additional information to help taxpayers meet their filing and payment requirements in respect of the Section …
- Tax-News.com: US Senate Approves Changes To Four Double Tax Pacts July 25, 2019
The United States Senate has approved protocols to four existing bilateral double tax avoidance treaties that have been pending in the chamber for as much as a decade.
- Tax-News.com: G7 Backs OECD In Push For Global Digital Tax Response July 25, 2019
G7 finance ministers have said that there is an urgent need to address the tax challenges posed by the digitalization of the economy.
- Tax-News.com: IRS's New Enforcement Initiatives Are Aimed At Individuals July 25, 2019
On July 19, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service Large Business and International Division announced six additional compliance campaigns.
- Tax-News.com: IRS Clarifies FTC Rules For French Social Taxes July 25, 2019
On July 19, 2019, the United States Internal Revenue Service updated its webpage on foreign tax credits to clarify that it will not challenge foreign tax credit claims involving certain French taxes.
- Tax-News.com: Seychelles Signs US FATCA Agreement July 16, 2019
On July 3, 2019, the Seychelles Government announced that it has signed an intergovernmental agreement with the United States to implement the requirements of the US Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act …
- Tax-News.com: US Senate To Vote On Tax Treaty Protocols July 16, 2019
The United States Senate could soon approve ratification of four long-pending double tax avoidance treaty protocols.
- Tax-News.com: US Senate Finance Committee Seeks Response To French Digital Tax July 5, 2019
The leaders of the United States Committee on Finance have written Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin urging him to use "all tools available" to counter France's proposed digital service …
- Tax-News.com: US Senate Finance Committee Approves Four Treaties July 5, 2019
On June 25, 2019, the United States Senate Foreign Relations Committee approved amendments to four double tax avoidance agreements which have been pending in the Senate for several years.
- Tax-News.com: US Congress Passes IRS Reform Bill June 21, 2019
On June 13, 2019, the US Senate approved the Taxpayer First Act, which is intended to overhaul the Internal Revenue Service and strengthen taxpayer rights.
- Tax-News.com: IRS Opens US Compliance Assurance Program To Applicants June 21, 2019
On June 14, 2019, the US Internal Revenue Service announced that it is looking for new applicants for the Compliance Assurance Process (CAP), a cooperative compliance program aimed at publicly traded …
- Tax-News.com: IRS To Probe Deeper Into Cost-Sharing Arrangements June 13, 2019
The US Internal Revenue Service has directed its transfer pricing examiners to resume reviewing taxpayers' transfer pricing positions with respect to cost-sharing agreements in certain circumstan …
- Tax-News.com: US House Passes IRS Reform Bill June 13, 2019
On June 10, 2019, the United States House of Representatives approved legislation which would reform the rules governing the Internal Revenue Service.
- Tax-News.com: IRS Proposes Extra Controlled Foreign Company Rules June 5, 2019
The United States Internal Revenue Service has proposed rules regarding the attribution of ownership of stock or other interests for purposes of determining whether a person is a related person with r …
- Tax-News.com: Democrats Introduce US Anti-Offshoring Bills June 5, 2019
Three Democratic members of the United States Senate have introduced two tax bills designed to discourage US companies from shifting their operations overseas and establishing arrangements in low-tax …
- Tax-News.com: US IRS Commits To Resolve Transition Tax Issues June 5, 2019
A review of the deemed repatriation tax under the United States Tax Cuts and Jobs Act 2017 by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration has found that the Internal Revenue Service encounte …
- Tax-News.com: IMF Advises Luxembourg On Coping With International Tax Changes May 31, 2019
The IMF has welcomed Luxembourg's efforts to meet international tax standards but cautioned that international tax reform could hit the country's tax base.
Federal and State websites: