- Tax-News.com: US IRS Flags Deadline For Q2 Estimated Tax Payments June 9, 2021
The US Internal Revenue Service has issued a reminder to taxpayers who pay estimated taxes that they have until June 15 to pay their estimated tax payment for the second quarter of tax year 2021 witho …
- Tax-News.com: Countries Discuss Post-Pandemic Tax Agenda At UN Council Meeting May 12, 2021
Experts speaking at the UN's Economic and Social Council's annual Special Meeting on International Cooperation in Tax Matters concluded that the international community must do more to tackl …
- Tax-News.com: US IRS Reminds Of FBAR Filing Obligation April 15, 2021
The Internal Revenue Service is reminding US citizens, resident aliens, and any domestic legal entity that the deadline to file their annual Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) is sti …
- Tax-News.com: US Tax Season Begins February 22, 2021
The Internal Revenue Service launched tax season for individuals on February 15, 2021, highlighting the various supports available for taxpayers when preparing their returns.
- Tax-News.com: Digital VAT Regimes Vital To Buoy Countries' Tax Takes: Report December 10, 2020
The OECD has released its annual Consumption Tax Trends report, which highlights that with VAT rates at an all-time high, governments should ensure they have effective VAT frameworks in place to tax e …
- Tax-News.com: Cayman Tables Law For Digital Asset Business Regime November 17, 2020
The Government of the Cayman Islands has published legislation in its Official Gazette to introduce a regulatory regime for virtual asset service providers (VASPs).
- Tax-News.com: BVI Rules Out New Taxes In 2021 Budget November 17, 2020
The Government of the British Virgin Islands has announced that it will seek to boost tax collections by modernizing tax administration, not by imposing new taxes.
- Tax-News.com: OECD Indicates New Focus On Virtual Currency Tax Issues October 20, 2020
The OECD has released a new report on countries' tax rules for virtual currencies, alongside an announcement that the Common Reporting Standard will be expanded next year to newly cover virtual c …
- Tax-News.com: France To Collect Its Digital Services Tax This Year October 20, 2020
French Minister of Finance Bruno Le Maire has reportedly said that France intends to collect the country's digital services tax in December 2020.
- Tax-News.com: Cyprus, US To Begin Exchanging CbC Reports September 22, 2020
Cyprus has announced that a deal for the exchange of country-by-country reports between the territory and the US is expected to become effective and cover reporting years starting on or after January …
- Tax-News.com: US-Swiss Agreement Published On Mandatory Binding Arbitration August 31, 2020
The US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released the text of an arbitration agreement between the US and Switzerland, in Internal Revenue Bulletin 2020-35, published August 24.
- Tax-News.com: UK Treasury Rules Out Digital Tax Repeal August 31, 2020
The UK Government has dismissed speculation that it will repeal its digital services tax in a bid to secure a post-Brexit free trade agreement with the United States.
- Tax-News.com: German FM Scholz Optimistic About 2020 Digital Tax Consensus August 31, 2020
German Finance Minister Olaf Scholz is optimistic that an international agreement on taxing the digital economy will be reached this year.
- Tax-News.com: OECD Releases New Action 14 Peer Review Reports July 31, 2020
The OECD has released peer review reports reviewing nine territories' progress towards implementing the BEPS Action 14 standard, on improving tax dispute resolution.
- Tax-News.com: US Businesses Urge Against Starting A Digital Tax 'Trade War' July 24, 2020
The United States Council for International Business has called on US authorities to focus its efforts on working with other countries to arrive at an international tax solution to the digitalized eco …
- Tax-News.com: US Announces Tariffs On French Goods In Response To DST July 17, 2020
The Office of the US Trade Representative has announced that the US will impose additional duties of 25 percent on imports of certain French products from next year in response to the country's d …
- Tax-News.com: J5 Group Marks Two Years Of Collaboration On Tackling Fiscal Crime July 17, 2020
On July 13, 2020, the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued a progress report on the last two years' work of the J5 group of five advanced countries, who are working collaboratively to tackle …
- Tax-News.com: US Withdraws From International Digital Tax Talks July 3, 2020
US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer told a congressional hearing on June 17, 2020, that the US Government has withdrawn from international negotiations on new global tax rules for digital compan …
- Tax-News.com: France To Press On With Digital Tax May 28, 2020
French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire has said that the Government intends to introduce a digital services tax this year.
- Tax-News.com: US House Passes COVID-19 Stimulus Bill With Tax Measures May 28, 2020
On May 15, 2020, the United States House of Representatives approved the HEROES Act, which amends previous COVID-19-related stimulus legislation by changing loss carryback rules and providing further …
- Tax-News.com: IRS Clarifies Tax Treaty References To NAFTA May 28, 2020
On May 19, 2020, the United States Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service issued an Announcement which clarifies the interpretation of references in US income tax treaties to the North A …
- Tax-News.com: US IRS Announces TCJA Compliance Campaign May 15, 2020
On May 1, 2020, the United States Internal Revenue Service Large Business and International Division announced a new compliance campaign focusing on the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and the recently ena …
- Tax-News.com: Bill Would Exclude US Territories, Possessions From GILTI Regime May 15, 2020
On May 4, 2020, a bill was introduced in the United States House of Representatives to limit the impact of the Global Intangible Low Tax Income regime on businesses based in US territories and possess …
- Tax-News.com: US IRS Sets Out Details Of COVID-19 Tax Breaks May 15, 2020
On May 7, 2020, the United States Internal Revenue Service issued a reminder to employers affected by COVID-19 about the tax credits made available to them under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Econo …
- Tax-News.com: IRS Publishes Transfer Pricing FAQs May 1, 2020
On April 16, 2020, the United States Internal Revenue Service issued a set of frequently asked questions and answers to help inform taxpayers about transfer pricing documentation best practices.
Federal and State websites: